View cookies policy.
Animal Breeding Zoom Zoom. Derry Author.
Giri Raja chicken can be bred for eggs and meat | Environment | The Guardian
Availability Usually despatched within 2 weeks. With Free Saver Delivery.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Share. Description Chickens are now the most scientifically engineered of livestock.
How have the methods used by geneticists differed from those employed by domestic breeders over time? Art and Science in Breeding details the relationship between farm practices and agricultural genetics in poultry breeding from to Margaret E. Derry traces the history and organization of chicken breeding in North America, from craft approaches and breeding as an 'art,' to the conflicts that had emerged between traditional and scientific methods by the s.
Derry assesses links between the 'scientific' revolution of chicken farming and the development of corporate breeding as a modern, international industry. Dunn, and Sewall Wright. Project MUSE promotes the creation and dissemination of essential humanities and social science resources through collaboration with libraries, publishers, and scholars worldwide.
Historian Says Livestock Breeding Is Both ‘Art’ and ‘Science’
Institutional Login. LOG IN. The Canadian Historical Review.
- Art and Science in Breeding: Creating Better Chickens - Margaret Elsinor Derry - Google книги.
- Poultry breeding center combines science and art | WATTAgNet;
- The Art of Breeding 'Super Bastard' Chickens - VICE;
- Atheism Worldwide: The Final Truth About Todays Religions and Wars.
- Edwardian Britain: A Very Brief History;
Derry review Kathy J. In lieu of an abstract, here is a brief excerpt of the content: Reviewed by:. With her latest book, Margaret Derry has added a useful volume to her body of work on the history of livestock.
If you would like to authenticate using a different subscribed institution that supports Shibboleth authentication or have your own login and password to Project MUSE. Additional Information. Project MUSE Mission Project MUSE promotes the creation and dissemination of essential humanities and social science resources through collaboration with libraries, publishers, and scholars worldwide.
- Navigation menu!
- The epic begins 10,000 years ago in an Asian jungle and ends today in kitchens all over the world.
- 2011 Essential Guide to Nuclear Power Plants and Nuclear Energy: Reactor Designs, Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Security, Renewals, New Designs, Licensing, American Plants, Decommissioning.
- New breed of bird is both chicken and egg.
Contact Contact Us Help.